10/06/2009

I.A.C.P. "Annual Conference Denver, Colorado" [FBI Director Robert S. Mueller III - Speech]

FBI.gov - Press Release - Speech ^ | October 5, 2009 | n/a

Posted on 10/5/2009 11:56:34 PM by Cindy

Note: The following text is a quote:

Major Executive Speeches

Robert S. Mueller, III Director Federal Bureau of Investigation

International Association of Chiefs of Police Annual Conference Denver, Colorado

October 5, 2009

Good morning. As always, it is good to be here.

I have been coming to the IACP since 2001. Year after year, I look out at all of you, and I ask myself the same question. Could I handle the challenges you face, day after day? Could I do the jobs you do with the same success? And the answer is no, for one simple reason: I could never bring myself to wear anything but a white shirt.

Your former president, Ron Ruecker, is now serving as our Director of Law Enforcement, and he is doing a great job. Several weeks ago, I asked Ron if he knew any good jokes to warm up the crowd. He suggested self-deprecating humor. And I said, “Sounds great. What are my weak points?” And Ron said, “Well, sir, you’re only speaking for 15 minutes…so let’s just hit the highlights.” I am sure that Ron will enjoy his new post in Yemen.


Read more:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/2355747/posts


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]