9/27/2010

Somalia: SRSG's Statement to the International Contact Group

.....

As many of you know, this is not my first participation in a meeting of the International Contact Group. I had, in fact, the privilege of attending several previous meetings in my former capacity as the representative of Tanzania. But this, of course, is the first time I have the honour of chairing this meeting as the Special Representative of the United Nations Secretary-General on Somalia. It is nice to see many friends gathered here again and I look forward to your cooperation and support to sustain the Somali peace process. I wish to make tribute to my predecessor Mr. Ould-Abdallah for his dedicated efforts and lend his service to this group.

......................
Read more:
ReliefWeb » Document » Somalia: SRSG's Statement to the International Contact Group